Road Bike Skills Clinics For Women – Spring 2018
April 21 @ 8:00 am - May 16 @ 12:00 pm
Skills Workshop: Sat April 21, 2018 from 8:00am – noon
Unfortunately, we’ve had to cancel the weekend workshop due to the recent weather. We hope to see you at the Practice Evenings starting May 2.
Extended Practice Evenings: Wed May 2, 9, & 16 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm (Completion of the Skills Workshop or authorization from coach is required)
Where: Extreme Ski and Bike – Thiensville
Develop bike-handling skills to gain comfort and confidence for greater speed and safety with skill drills, followed by the on-road clinic. Our skill drills are designed to teach you progressive bike handling proficiency.
For those that can stay after the April 21 workshop, we’re adding a Basic Mechanic session at no extra charge.
These clinics require a road bike and some riding experience. We will progress as the group is able through a series of skills, fundamental to advanced, broken down into technical drills to practice, including:
- principles for safe bicycling and avoiding obstacles
- efficient pedaling techniques
- correct body positioning and balance on the bike
- braking, shifting and proper gear selection
- cornering and descending techniques for speed and safety
- group riding, drafting and paceline proficiency
- Introductory Skills Workshop: $55
- Extended Practice Evenings: $90
- Full Package: $135