Session 2 of Off-Season Power Training on the CompuTrainer Classes begins January 7. Classes are Thursday evenings at 4:30 and 6:00PM. Register for Session 2 now, or jump into Session 1 for a pro-rated fee.
Session 2 – Threshold Training
January 7, 2016 – February 11, 2016
$115 for 6 weeks includes a baseline Functional Threshold Power Test and weekly group CompuTrainer training.
Learn more and register now!
Thursday evening classes will start up again November 12. Learn more and register now!
June 13, 8AM to noon at Wheel & Sprocket – Fox Point
Join us Saturday, June 13th for a “ready to race” clinic for women cyclists at Wheel & Sprocket – Fox Point. If you’ve been looking for that final confidence-booster to push you onto the start line, this is for you. Register here (don’t be put off by the “race” language on the registration page).
This is not a beginner clinic. We’ll start with a quick review of basic skills:
- efficient pedaling technique
- correct body positioning and balance on the bike
- braking, shifting and gear selection
and then move on bike handling skills for pack riding:
- moving around in the pack, drafting and paceline proficiency
- cornering and descending techniques
and racing skills:
- sprints, attacks and race tactics
- training practices to increase your VO2 Max, Lactate Threshold and Sprint Speed
We’ll also discuss:
- race-morning checklist
- race glossary
- race rules
- learn what it takes to be an amateur competitive bike racer
Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospitals (MOSH) will have a short concussion seminar during the clinic too!
Whether you’re thinking of racing this year, or in 2016, this is the clinic for you. Or maybe you won’t join a race, but you like to ride like you will – join us too. It’s rumored that some riders will head out on a group ride after lunch.
The clinic is sponsored by Boston Store, MOSH, Tour of America’s Dairyland and Wheel & Sprocket. Please contact us with questions.