Sunday June 11, 2017
Develop bike-handling skills to gain comfort and confidence for greater speed and safety.
We’ll meet at the Pleasant Valley Mountain Bike Park, 4301 Pleasant Valley Rd., Town of Cedarburg for a session of skill drills, followed by on-trail clinic. Our skill drills are designed to teach you progressive bike handling skills, including:
- correct body positioning and balance on the bike
- braking, shifting and proper gear selection
- cornering and descending techniques for speed and safety
- overcoming obstacles
- efficient pedaling techniques and pedal stroke dynamics
We’ll follow the technique session with on-trail clinic tailored to your specific skill-boosting needs and a picnic lunch for conversation and Q and A.
Clinic cost is $50 per person, including picnic lunch and t-shirt. Proceeds will go to the Wisconsin Women’s Fund. Additional donations are welcome.
8:30 AM check-in
9:00 AM clinic begins
12:00 PM picnic lunch
If the trails are open, we will run the clinic. Please prepare for the conditions and bring appropriate clothing to stay as dry, warm, and comfortable as possible.
What To Bring
- Cycling gear for all potential weather, including rain
- Helmet and riding gloves
- Hydration pack or bottles and snacks
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Spare tube and basic riding tools
- Mountain bike in good working order