Road Skills – Group Riding
Monday, June 3 – 5:45-7:45 pm
Get comfortable riding with a group, or take it to the next level. Learn how to stay protected, take a strong pull, work with other riders and sit on when you need to. Keeping a group intact is a specialized skill that takes practice and tact. Here you’ll learn how to act as the stronger rider and how to hang on when you’re not. Leave knowing the universal language, skills and actions to be welcome on group rides everywhere.Register Now!
Performance Training – Sprinting and Speed
Wednesday, June 5 – 6:00 – 8:00pm
Speed training is used to develop quickness and explosive power. It involves short, intense periods of cycling, from about five to 30 seconds in duration with long recovery periods. Learn More … or Register Now!
- Improve your reaction time and efficiency
- Train your body to recruit the necessary muscles
- Learn a sense of relaxation at a faster pace
- Add variety to your workouts
Mountain Bike Skills – Bike Handling and Shifting
Monday, June 10 – 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Our small group will meet at Kletzsch Park in Glendale at the parking lot near the river in the north end of the park (map here http://goo.gl/maps/C4ILa) and spend the next couple of hours with progressive bike-handling drills that will improve your confidence, balance, and body position on the bike. We’ll also cover basic bike function and how to use shifting techniques for efficient and trouble-free riding. Plus, you may take home a few tricks to impress your riding buddies. We’ll cover:
- Braking and shifting
- How and when to ride standing
- Balance/body position
- Pedaling efficiency
- Visual skills
- Roll-over, step-up, drop-off
- Wheel lifts
- Bunny hop
- Obstacle course, log stacks, rock gardens, etc.
Cost is $20 for a drop-in practice or $75.00 for each 4-week session. Further discounts apply if you register for additional Skills Sessions, click here for details and to register. Sessions require a 5 rider minimum.
Make a commitment to be a better cyclist. Choose among 4-week sessions throughout the summer season to improve your cycling skills, speed, strength and endurance. Or just drop-in for a day.
View the calendar and events lists for further information on each practice.
Cycling Skills Sessions:
Learn to use your bike handling for speed and safety with Cycling Skills Sessions on Monday evenings. Each 4-week session will include an evening of bike handling and shifting, cornering, climbing and descending, plus group riding skills. The Mountain Bike Skills session will end with trail riding, rather than group riding.
- Skills Session 1 – Mondays, 5:45 – 7:45pm, Road Skills for Beginner and Intermediate CyclistsMay 6 – June 3 (excluding May 27)
- Skills Session 2 – Mondays, 6:00 – 8:00pm, Mountain Bike SkillsJune 10 – July 1
- Skills Session 3 – Mondays, 6:00 – 8:00pm, Cycling Skills for TriathlonJuly 8 – 29
- Skills Session 4 – Mondays, 5:45 – 7:45pm, Road Skills for Intermediate and Advanced CyclistsAug 5 – 26
Cycling Training Session:
Improve your fitness with Cycling Training Sessions on Wednesday evenings. Each 4-week session will include an evening of speed specific training, threshold training, hill training and fast paceline practice.
- Training Session 1, Wednesdays, 5:45 – 7:45pmRoad CyclingMay 8 – 29
- Training Session 2, Wednesdays, 6:00 – 8:00pmRoad CyclingJune 5 – 26 (excluding June 19, $20 discount on this session)
- Training Session 3, Wednesdays, 6:00 – 8:00pmRoad CyclingJuly 3 – 24
- Training Session 4, Wednesdays, 5:45 – 7:45pmRoad CyclingJuly 31 – Aug 21
Cost is $20 for a drop-in practice, $75.00 per session (4 evenings total) or $70.00/session if you sign up for 4 or more of any combinations of sessions (e.g. Training Sessions 1-4, or Skills and Training Sessions 1-2.) Skills Sessions and Training Sessions are separate. All sessions are one(1) day per week. Sessions require a 5 rider minimum.
Please include your real full name, contact information and the sessions or days you would like to attend in the form below. I will respond with further payment details.