June 13, 8AM to noon at Wheel & Sprocket – Fox Point
Join us Saturday, June 13th for a “ready to race” clinic for women cyclists at Wheel & Sprocket – Fox Point. If you’ve been looking for that final confidence-booster to push you onto the start line, this is for you. Register here (don’t be put off by the “race” language on the registration page).
This is not a beginner clinic. We’ll start with a quick review of basic skills:
- efficient pedaling technique
- correct body positioning and balance on the bike
- braking, shifting and gear selection
and then move on bike handling skills for pack riding:
- moving around in the pack, drafting and paceline proficiency
- cornering and descending techniques
and racing skills:
- sprints, attacks and race tactics
- training practices to increase your VO2 Max, Lactate Threshold and Sprint Speed
We’ll also discuss:
- race-morning checklist
- race glossary
- race rules
- learn what it takes to be an amateur competitive bike racer
Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospitals (MOSH) will have a short concussion seminar during the clinic too!
Whether you’re thinking of racing this year, or in 2016, this is the clinic for you. Or maybe you won’t join a race, but you like to ride like you will – join us too. It’s rumored that some riders will head out on a group ride after lunch.
The clinic is sponsored by Boston Store, MOSH, Tour of America’s Dairyland and Wheel & Sprocket. Please contact us with questions.